Trainer, trainer of trainers, designer of online and paper pedagogical ressources, head of training or courses centers
- Learning specialist
- Professional training specialist
- Training of (occasional) trainers
- Delivering and order of training prestations
- Digitalization of a learning center
- Implementation of certifications
What I keep in mind
Participating at the beginning of the 2000s in a training action given by an English expert on dyslexia, I knew that I wanted to become a trainer myself. The intuition was the one good since training allowed me to blossom professionally.
A rewarding journey
The role of trainer corresponds fully to my personality since it combines:
- deepening to a certain degree of mastery of subjects and professional issues,
- rapid assessment of situations in order to provide effective solutions,
- collaboration with other specialists – I take this opportunity to thank Hugues, Ghislaine, Lucette, Driss, Monique and Mustapha for their complicity,
- navigation between different cultures and rapid adaptation to these,
- development of individuals as collectives.
Likewise, the numerous opportunities offered allowed me to evolve very quickly and according to my own centers of interest. Indeed, the first training actions on class techniques, even if considered as innovative, were in fact conventional enough for me to feel in total safety. Then, moving on to sessions that question more the representations of the trainees because more oriented to the didactic and the professional posture, I could try creative technics and observe real evolutions. After a few years of experience, the training of trainers, because they are very developmental, brought me a lot of professional satisfaction. Finally, training and management consulting allowed me to rely on proven animation techniques while putting them at the service of issues that are also mine.
Along with the rapid evolution of content and audiences, I was fortunate enough to enter this business while digitalization renewed the practices and posture of the trainer. The contribution of LMS, interactive and collaborative tools and, more recently, data analysis make training a very stimulating playground.
While the link between training and developmental needs identified by an individual or an organization have always concerned me, my recent experience as a manager has only reinforced my questions and thoughts on:
- the development of a synergy between knowledge acquired through experience and scientific knowledge, operational skills, skills related to life skills and certified skills, individual skills and collective skills,
- the development of lifelong training skill: almost intuitive for knowledge professionals, this skill may be restricted in other categories. Therefore, how to develop as a trainer – to distinguish techniques specific to the manager – the “learning” posture and confidence in informal training methods, less transmissive as well as more demanding in terms of commitment.
|Sept 2014 – May 2018||Trainer in FFL, trainer of trainers, seminars and trainings organizer , Institut français de Norvège-Oslo, French Embassy, Norway|
|2009-2014||Trainer, online and paper pedagogical ressources designer on language teaching, assesment, school management, training and professional development, contractor, residential seminars organizer in Paris , Thélème international, France|
|2006-2009||Trainer in FFL, Atalante Innovation, Limoges, France|
|2005||Occasional trainer for teachers in FFL didactic, Alliance française des Pays-Bas|